If You Are A Christian…………
The Lord has been impressing upon me to re-post an old posting of a dream regarding identity. When Jesus was tempted in the wilderness you note that Satan came and the first 2 temptations, if you will, were an attack on His identity, i.e., if you are the Son of God……..
(6) My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge……………..
What is your identity based upon? Your churches doctrine? Your family’s opinion of you? Your classmates opinion of you? What you read in the self help section of the Christian Bookstore?
We are indeed destroyed because of our lack of knowledge of who we are in Christ. As the days of the Lord’s return draw nearer and nearer and the days grow darker and darker with evil and deception, it is imperative that we know who we are in Christ.
First and foremost is this scripture regarding our identity in Christ.
(20) I have been crucified with Christ, and I live; yet no longer I, but Christ lives in me. And that life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith toward the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself on my behalf.
We must know that we are no longer alive to ourselves but have been crucified.
(17) So that if any one is in Christ, that one is a new creature; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
(9) But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for possession, so that you might speak of the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
(21) For He has made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
(1) There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
(37) But in all these things we more than conquer through Him who loved us.
(38) For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
(39) nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
I could go on and on but I think I made my point that knowing who you are in Christ is extremely important.
With that said, I will re-post 2 visions concerning identity
I had a dream and in this dream a young woman, sort of seductive in an evil sense, not sexually, however, had come to me and told me that someone had stolen my wallet. I told her that it was she who had stolen my wallet, and, as I went to get it back from her, she tried holding it up beyond my reach so that I would be unable to get it. Instead of giving me my wallet back, she offered me a black case of CD’s . I told her that I did not want the CD case but instead wanted my wallet back. It was then that I pinned her to the ground and took back my wallet. She was cursing me all the while I had her pinned to the ground and I continued to hold her there until the police came to take her away. The reason that in my dream this woman was trying to give me the CD’s in lieu of returning my wallet was because she was trying to convince me that they had the equality of what was contained in my wallet which they do not. My identity, credibility and life itself are hid with Christ. Teachings cannot replace going to the source of living water which is the Lord. To elevate teachings to the status of being equal to the Word is equivalent to digging a cistern for yourself. I believe that your doctrine must be constantly evolving because the Lord is constantly showing us something new about His character. And, the only way we are able to learn is to sit at the feet of Jesus for ourselves. Strongholds are thoughts we think, things we tell ourselves, and what others tell us that we tend to believe even though we know they are contrary to the Word of God, and teachings we listen to and elevate to the Word of the Lord.. A stronghold is formed one brick at a time and is formed when these things go unchallenged by the Word of God and we just accept as truth that which we know to be contrary to the Word.
Paul said regarding false teachings ,”But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough”.
(2Co 11:3-4 NIV)
> What is contained in a wallet?
> A driver’s license speaks to your identity. When Jesus was being tested in the wilderness, one of the first things that Satan tested Him on was His identity, “If you are the Son of God….”
> Credit cards speak to your reputation and credibility in other words, you hold fast to the Word of God and in His Word do you trust and base your life.
> The cd case containing the cd’s represented false teaching that this woman was trying to give me instead of my wallet. She did not want me to have my wallet(the Word of God) because of what it represented and the power that comes from knowing the truth about who I am in Christ.
> It is my belief that one of the biggest hindrances today is that people have made the teachings of men equal to the Word of God in their lives. As a result, people are dependent on milk where they entrust others to digest the word for them rather than learning how to eat the meat of the Word for themselves.One of the biggest reasons I have heard for people either leaving or joining a church is that they are/are not being fed and so we have many who are infants.
> By now you should be teachers. Instead, you still need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word. You need milk, not solid food. All those who live on milk lack the experience to talk about what is right. They are still babies. However, solid food is for mature people, whose minds are trained by practice to know the difference between good and evil.
> (Heb 5:12-14 GW)
“Now there was a rich man, and he habitually dressed in purple and fine linen, joyously living in splendor every day. “And a poor man named Lazarus was laid at his gate, covered with sores, and longing to be fed with the crumbs which were falling from the rich man’s table; besides, even the dogs were coming and licking his sores. “Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham’s bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried. “In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom. “And he cried out and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.’ “But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. ‘And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.’ “And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father’s house– for I have five brothers–in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ “But Abraham *said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ “But he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!’ “But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’”
(Luke 16:19-31 NASB)
I had the preceding passage of scripture shown to me as I was waking up the Morning of May 31, 2010
Subj: Luke 16:19-31
The Lord revealed this to me as I was waking the morning of May 31, 2010. The 2 people that Jesus talks about here are actual people .In fact, this is the only parable told by Jesus where the name of an individual was mentioned that I am aware of. One of the people is simply known as, “a certain rich man”, while the other, a beggar, is known by Jesus as Lazarus. They both suffer the same fate that is common to all men which is death. However, here is where the differences are.
1. Lazarus is known by his name and carried by God’s angels into Abraham’s bosom. In heaven you are known by your name and have an identity.
2. The rich man is not known by his name but by his sin and lifestyle and is buried.
3. The rich man realizes he is in hell and why he is there.
4. The rich man recognizes Lazarus
5. The rich man has concern for his brothers but is powerless to do anything about their condition and knows that if they don’t change, they will end up where he is.
6. In heaven you cannot sin and in hell, you can’t repent
7. In heaven you have no past and in hell you have no future